Yavapai County’s Criminal Justice Coordinating Council features members of all Yavapai County’s criminal justice community including the Courts, County Attorney, Sheriff, Probation, and Public Defender. Together and in teams, the members of the Council have implemented innovations to reduce both jail population and recidivism, including:
- Innovative prosecution and sentencing programs to reduce recidivism;
- Implementation of Veteran’s Courts to facilitate the release of veteran arrestees and reduce recidivism;
- Pre-trial release and diversion programs to expedite the release of inmates where release would not threaten the community;
- Implementation of Mental Health Court to facilitate the treatment of arrestees with mental health needs and reduce recidivism;
- New probation revocation guidelines that reduce or eliminate jail time for minor probation violations.